Sunday 23 October 2016

What A Week...

200 scones.

That's right, folks. With the help of five extraordinary students, we made 200 scones for the English tea party and they were absolutely delicious if I do say so myself...



Here's a link to the recipe if you're in the mood for some baked goodness:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/paul_hollywoods_scones_70005

Of course, every good scone needs its jam and cream too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/strawberry_jam_82129

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24566/easy-devonshire-cream/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringContentType=search%20results&clickId=cardslot%202

The tea party was a roaring success (especially thanks to our brilliant International Studies students). We had croquet, skittles, and all of the tea one could wish for!




I'm sure that it would have been enough to make the dowager countess from Downton Abbey smile (or at least sternly nod her approval).


Here we are striking our best poses for the newspapers...


Beyond the school, I've been trying some new(ish) things too. On Wednesday evening - for the first time in years - I went horse riding! My horse, Nova, was thankfully very patient (especially during the most awkward horse dismount of the century).

Oh, and how could I almost forget?! I saw the Northern Lights the other day! This was my first time observing the strange green mist-like phenomena so you can imagine my excitement...

Anyway, this week is the holidays so I'll be off to Helsinki. Have no fear though because I'll be sure to keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment