Thursday 9 March 2017

Party in May?!

Hello, it's been a while! Hopefully you're all enjoying the break too. For me, it's been the perfect time for snowy walks, books, and unwinding. I guess I'm just an old soul at heart.


Last week was another busy one though. For starters, the first year International Studies students have begun to help me plan a special event for the lukio: a summer fete! In Britain, summer fetes are a big deal. It's a kind of party held outside with a bunch of (crazy) games and, of course, cakes!

On Wednesday we started to create posters, craft decorations and drew up a list of the games we would like to include. I won't spoil the surprise completely but here's a hint for one...


The fete will be held in May and we want it to be one big, quirky end-of-year celebration. We'd also like to take this opportunity to raise money for refugees after learning about the realities faced by many. In the words of one of the students: "we've been touched by what we've seen and want to help."

On another note, our second year International Studies class is extremely excited. We hope to have all of the DNA results shortly! Stay tuned for more on that...



There was plenty happening elsewhere around the area too. More specifically, I had the opportunity to try out skiing with the kindergarten I work in. Everything was going swimmingly until I dared to descend a slope and promptly tumbled into a nearby goal net. As somebody who never grew up around snow sports (England is all about the rain), I have to say that it's been an awesome experience trying some out!


Next week, I'll be in Portugal with some Merenojan students who are visiting as part of an Erasmus+ project so, for now, adeos!

- Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment