Monday 28 May 2018

Kokkola City Run and Goodbyes!

Here we have it - one week left in Kalajoki! Ahren and I decided that it was only natural that we should try to do as much as possible before leaving. This led us to: the Kokkola City Run. We ran the 6k along with a bunch of students. Others completed the 10k and one very brave student did the half marathon! (Thanks for organising it all, Jouko!)


My final lessons for the past week have focused upon the royal family since Prince Harry got married the other weekend. The students have learned about the family's (rather scandalous) history and even made some hats fit for fancy guests. (Hats are a big thing at royal weddings and they're often quite...strange.)



We have been basking in some BEAUTIFUL sunshine recently. Luckily, my younger brother (Liam) has also been here to experience it! In fact, he joined myself and the IS1 classes to enjoy a good chat and ice cream in the great outdoors.



The goodbyes have already started and I have to share this awesome parting picture with you all (if only it were true)...


There was one final IS2 class meeting where the students completely surprised me with a lighthouse figure made with sand from the Kalajoki beach. I have the habit of referring to this group as my "babies" because we've been together since day one! It has been such a privilege to watch them achieve so much over the past couple of years. Congratulations, International Studies 2 Class of 2018!


Besides the school, I've been sure to show Liam around. This has included trying out some golf frisbee. Liam was okay. I definitely was not (163 OVER PAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but, oh, well. We all have to start somewhere...right? We also managed to convince Tanja to try out the zipline and obstacle course in the trees with us. Our legs were like jelly but it was lots of fun.



I'm sure that there will be another blog post before I leave but for now - goodbye and have a lovely week!


No comments:

Post a Comment