Monday 5 September 2016

Kindergarten Rules!

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you’ve all had a smashing day.

Today, I got my first taste of the Kindergarten I’ll be working at and all I can say is: WOW! I was once again greeted by the friendliest staff you could imagine as well as the sweetest children. They were all keen to introduce themselves and their most interesting Lego creations...

I’ll be teaching there, helping the children with their English. This will surely involve a lot of jumping up and down, running around, and silly songs. I. Cannot. Wait.

I also introduced myself to my first-year International Studies class. This involved getting them all outside of the classroom in order to form a large circle. The name of the game was, well, Name Aerobics. Each person had to give their name then performed a funny little dance move before trying to remember their fellow classmates’ names and moves. Cue the most giggling I’ve heard in quite some time.

Despite their excellent dancing, the first-years didn’t escape from the Marmite challenge. As you can imagine, there were plenty cries of disgust this week as well.

My favourite part of the lesson though? That was easily the presentations that the students had prepared regarding my beloved home city of Leicester. Did you know that it’s the tenth largest city in the UK? Nope, neither did I until today!

After school, I attended a little social mixer for the newest residents of Kalajoki which provided a great opportunity to talk to people I may not have otherwise met.


After an action-packed day, I’m ready to relax and prepare myself for tomorrow’s adventures. Until then...Hei hei!

No comments:

Post a Comment