Tuesday 8 August 2017

A New Teacher...

Meet Ahren. He's a new native-English teacher in the area. He'll mainly be working with kindergarten and elementary school children but you might see him around the lukio every now and then! Let's see what he has to say...



Hi, everyone, I'm Ahren. I’m proud to come from the beautiful city of Leicester in England. It’s famous for its pork pies, stilton cheese, gorgeous countryside and amazing sports teams. I could probably spend this entire blog post talking about how Leicester City Football Club and the Leicester Tigers are the greatest teams in the world.


This is a pork pie in case you were wondering:


I'm a keen fan of baking too. In fact, you probably tasted some of my cakes if you attended last year's British tea party and summer fete.

I also love the United States so much - I’ll even be hosting an American themed party in the lukio this Autumn! I’ve visited the USA over fifteen times. As a huge fan of ice hockey and American football, I support the Buffalo Sabres and the Buffalo Bills. I’m still looking for a Finnish ice hockey team to support so feel free to make any suggestions! My love of the USA has also influenced my love of rap and country music (yes, I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift!)



I’ve even worked in some American summer camps. I worked in Texas and High-Rock, Massachusetts, with children of all ages. I taught activities like Outdoors Skills and...you’ve got it...American football. Fun Fact: Lady Gaga went to Hi-Rock before she became famous.




I do have to say that I can’t wait to finally teach in Finland. It’s going to be so much fun and I’m so grateful to be here! See you all soon.


Fun Facts:


Scariest thing I’ve ever done: Skydiving - the part when we were hanging outside the plane and waiting to jump was kind of terrifying!


Favourite book: Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. It’s a science-fiction book in which the Earth ends and one human called Arthur Dent travels around the universe with a cast of quirky characters. It's a lot of fun to read.


Role-models (people who inspire me): My parents. They have done so much for me and I wouldn’t be the person I am today without them.


Weirdest moment: When I was visiting the Kiasma. I walked into a room with a wooden hut in it and spent two hours talking to Shia LeBouf.

No comments:

Post a Comment