Monday 7 August 2017

HELLO AGAIN!!!

There are certainly lots of new, intriguing and impressive things happening in the school this year! We have so many projects to prepare for with many students getting ready to visit some very beautiful countries. We also have our special morning activities, International Studies and one big American party this Autumn...



Heypa! It's me, Chloe from England in Great Britain. I'm here for another year of teaching, exciting international stuff and pulla (yassss).



Channeling my inner Harry Potter


When I was last in Kalajoki it was graduation time! We don't have anything like this in England, at least not in the city that I'm from. When I finished school, we just had a "prom" (an American-style excuse to wear fancy dresses and ride in a limousine if you're really lucky).


It was awesome to see this Finnish tradition, with all of the students enjoying a very well-deserved day. I especially like the hats that graduates receive. After the graduation ceremony, I attended a couple of houses belonging to the graduates whose parents are teachers here. Again, this was a new concept to me. It was lovely to catch up with everyone and THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. I REPEAT: THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. I'd never even seen a cake with salmon in it before that day - I'm a fan!





I spent another week in Kalajoki before hopping on a plane for some travelling in Rhodes and Amsterdam. Both are extremely beautiful places.


Some photos from Rhodes:








The Acropolis in Lindos




Some photos from Amsterdam:


The Royal Palace:




Rembrandt Statue:


On a cat boat! It's a boat where an organisation gives help and homes to stray cats. Visitors are free to stroke and adopt them.




The best part was probably when we visited the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam where they showcase lots of his famous paintings including my favourite: Almond Blossoms.



The rest of my summer was spent in sunny England (no sarcasm, it was actually sunny)! Before I knew it, I was on a flight back to Finland. This time, however, I am not the only native English teacher in the area... More on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment